Tom Shackel – Head Coach
Tom has experience coaching all levels of Riptides swimmers from learn-to-swim, to novice and up to national level competitors. Before coming to the Bow Valley, he was a swim coordinator for a swim school in the UK and has been teaching and coaching since he was 16, when he transitioned out of competitive swimming and into teaching.
In his time away from the Riptides, Tom enjoys skiing, mountain biking and swimming.
- NCCP certified Age Group Coach and NCCP certified Fundamentals Coach.
- Selected to 2017 Swim Alberta Futures Coaches Program.
- Selected as Zone 1 coach for 2018 Alberta Summer Games
Alexandra Pasemko – Assistant Coach
Born and raised in Canmore, Alex was a national level swimmer with the Riptides and many of her records remain unbroken. While she remains active, competing on occasion, her focus has shifted to helping others pursue excellence in sport. Alex holds an Exercise Science Diploma from Lethbridge College
- NCCP certified Age Group Coach and NCCP certified Fundamentals Coach
- CSEP Certified Personal Trainer.
- Head Coach of Canmore Coho Summer Swim Club
Swim School Coaches:
Alex Pasemko – Swimming Fundamentals Coach, NCCP certified
Alison Douglas – Swimming Teacher, NCCP certified
Avery Spence – Swimming Fundamentals Coach, NCCP trained
Neo Gleason – Swimming Teacher, NCCP certified
Mike Wills – Swimming Teacher, NCCP certified
Details on the Swimming Canada coach and swimming teacher development system at: